At least I hope I’m recovering. My knee felt a lot better this week. Not normal, but much better. I felt twinges about the 10k that wasn’t, but I know it would have been very hard on Chester (such a humid day) and really was the right decision.
Part of why I was bummed is that we were going to take a little mini vacation that weekend. May seems a long time ago now. I have such FOMO seeing all those beach vacation photos.
The good news is that my husband has to take 2 weeks off before the end of the year now.
- Monday: Yup, another day off running. very short dog walk because by the time the rain stopped the humidity cranked up (and still had to carry poor Chester on the way back), Core Essentials L2a (moving up!)
- Tuesday: More speedwork (with the football team training at the track) — went much better this week
- Wednesday: Core essentials L2a, dog walk
- Thursday: Tempo run in the neighborhood, started strong, ran out of steam at about the 2 1/2 mile mark but around the same time as last week, dog walk
- Friday: Dog walk, Core Essentials L2a, Core & hips work, tried to stay off my feet for much of the day
- Saturday: 9 mile humid, buggy, awesome LSD with running group, rested most of the day
- Sunday: Hips and knees achy when I woke up but loosened up after a foggy dog walk, made about 8 breakfasts (3 different things & yes, one of those things was cereal), and tried some new ice cream at our favorite place (PB Caramel Cookie Dough — even the dogs got some)
Mileage: 17 (+2 miles)
My knee felt pretty good this week. I don’t think I’m completely back to normal yet, and plan to tape for my tempo run tomorrow, but as I wrote on Facebook yesterday, I woke up this morning and my knee ached, my IT band ached, my hips ached.
I felt so good after my long run yesterday! I did my preventative exercises. I foam rolled. I iced my knee. I never did get around to yoga . . . all weekend . . . but still, I was a good little girl. But as I walked the dogs, instead of tightening up more, I felt everything loosen up.
Then I spent several hours in the afternoon baking. Standing. And totally forgot to ice my knee. And realized that I didn’t notice anything. I did ice it before going to bed.
I don’t think I’m all the way back yet or completely out of the woods and I am entering the height of my training. I’m hoping I will get back to the point where I only tape my knee for really long runs. I pretty much always do that, even if it’s not bothering me, as a precaution — nothing like feeling your knee tighten up at mile 9 of a 12 mile training run. Been there, done that.
What’s your happy place? Anything by the water makes me happy.