This week, on paper, was scary. Hard workouts, solo workouts, steamy weather, potential thunderstorms, and almost no wiggle room to move runs around. But it went great!
- Monday: Dog walk, tempo run — humid, buggy, awesome, negative splits if you don’t count the cooldown mile, core
- Tuesday: Dog walk, Iron Strength (challenging) morning, Dance it Off afternoon
- Wednesday: Dog walk, Speedwork at the track, Core Essentials L2b + Iron Strength Core
- Thursday: Dog walk, Iron Strength Core, Yamuna hips, Yoga for Runners Hips
- Friday: 8 mile LSD – even buggier!, but the thunderstorms held off & the rain ended just before, it went well, then we headed down to my parents to continue help clearing out their house
- Saturday: Dogwalk, going through crap & up & down stairs, but still barely made it to 10,000 steps
- Sunday: A couple of dogwalks with Lola (Chester gave us a scare and wasn’t acting himself & was too tired to walk, but seems better today), more going through crap, but less movement & of course the trip home and really tired; barely made it to 5,000 steps but I let it be
Mileage: 16 (-1 miles)
What I saw/heard this week
Apparently I found Forrest Gump on Monday. I swear I saw a dead ringer for him at the bike path.
Then as I was running my speed work on the track with the track with the girl’s soccer team, the coach said to another girl “look at her go! she’s flying”, which I’m pretty sure didn’t refer to me, even though I was in a fast interval, but it still brought a smile to my face.
On Friday, I saw Forrest Gump again! Only this time with a shirt on.Well, apparently same time, same place for him.
IT feeling almost normal but got achy with all the stairs; feeling pretty good today and even though I was tempted to do my easy run today but I know with the return of a double digit run this weekend I’ll already up my weekly mileage by 2 miles (well, maybe, depends how those midweek runs go) and I just know my body needs some rest. So I’ll keep to 3 times running this week and hope to up it to four times next week.
What characters do you see while running?