Return of running with others this week! Which you know I love. I was tired after last week’s efforts, but the weather cooled off & I enjoyed another week of good runs.
- Monday: Dog walk, iron strength abbreviated workout, prevention dance it off
- Tuesday: Dog walk (we got rained on), core essentials L2c (moving up again), another good speed work sesh at the track
- Wednesday: Dog walk, Iron Strength Glutes, Rockin’ Body Party Express, 10 Minute Arms
- Thursday: Dog walk, Core Essentisls L2c, Tempo run with My First 5k & More
- Friday: Dogwalk, Core Essentials Level2c, Yoga for Athletes Core Routine
- Saturday: 10 LSD — beautiful cool morning, great company, great run, came home to Chester really struggling, got a new med for him after taking them (and us) for a brownie sundae (don’t worry, the dogs don’t get chocolate & Chester still really enjoys eating).
- Sunday: Dogwalk (Chester seemed better on new diuretic), some puttering around the kitchen, then massage! It’s been too long, Yoga for Runners Hips
Mileage: 18 (+2 miles)
Last week at 3 x week running?
I will try out running 4 times again this week. I felt perfectly normal after my 10 mile run (disclaimer: both knees were taped for it). I will even try an untaped easy run today. Crossing fingers.
Oddly our schedule calls for only 3 x week next week. I could understand if it were this week, since it was our first double digit run. I guess it’s a cutback week but it just seems really odd to me. I asked the coach about it, but she’s on vacation this week (although she did get back to me and said follow the schedule, basically).
So I’ll try out running 4 x this week, will be cutting back to 3 x next week, and then 4x, then 3x the week after that because it’s our 11 mile run. And my normal running buddies will not be there. One of my friends in the marathon group was worried about her solo 18 mile run this weekend. The person she runs with wasn’t going to be there — and I said she’ll be running the race on her own. And that goes for me, too.
It’s always a good idea to practice conditions as close to your race as possible.
I was surprised how many people in our half group were worried about this 10 miler. Even ones who have run halfs.
Our plan builds slowly & steadily & it just never even occurred to me to worry about it.
Do you worry about certain distances, even if you’ve already run them?