Another week with not enough sleep. Chester continues to wake me up in the middle of the night to go out. I’m hoping with cooler evenings this week I can get him out for a second walk and maybe he’ll let me get some sleep.
This week was mostly easy runs, with one tempo run and one long run — everything went really well, despite more hot weather, except for one very slow easy run. Running on fumes by that point! But this week was all about maintaining my base.
- Monday: Dog walk, 4 mile tempo run, Yoga for Runners Back & Hamstrings, Core Essentials L2d
- Tuesday: Dog walk, 3 mile easy run, Prevention Dance It Off fat burner & core
- Wednesday: Dog walk, Iron Strength Full
- Thursday: Dog walk, Yoga for Runners back & hamstrings 3 miles easy/not so easy in reality
- Friday: Dogwalk, Prevention Dance it Off Cardio, Legs & Arms, Tomahawk Strength Routine, Yoga for Athletes Flexibility, Yamuna Hips
- Saturday: 7 mile LSD — beautiful cool morning, great company, great run, pretty much a repeat of last 2 saturdays
- Sunday: Dogwalk, errands
Mileage: 17 (-1)
Base mileage Maintenance
This week was simply about mainlining endurance, or in other words, time on feet. Mission accomplished. No taping except for my long run, and since that was only 7 miles, I only taped the problem leg.
And there were no problems. Next week is our last long run before our taper, which just happens to be our longest run of this training cycle too. And my running buddies are abandoning me. I figure I’ll be running on my own for my half, anyway, and of course I’ve done many long runs solo, too.
Technically this week was supposed to be a cutback week (mainly because some of the marathoners are running a half marathon as a tune-up race next week), but I know that I need to maintain my mileage base, so even though most of the runs were easy, I modified the schedule a little to keep my mileage up. I’ll be tapering soon enough!
Are you afraid of solo long runs?