- Monday: Dog walk (2), Core Essentials L3b, Yoga for Runner’s Foundation, Yoga for Pain Relief Knees
- Tuesday: Dog walk (2), 3 miles speedwork (1 mile WU & CD), 5 x 1 run/2 recovery, Yoga for Pain Relief Align & Alleviate
- Wednesday: Dog walk, Core Essentials L3b (pulled a back muscle!) Yoga for Pain Relief Knees
- Thursday: Dog walk (2), 3 miles easy, Yoga for Runners Foundation & Back
- Friday: Yoga for Pain Relief Align & Alleviate & Back & a measly 4000 steps, Yoga for Runners Foundation
- Saturday: Yoga for Runners – whole DVD (50 minutes)
- Sunday: Yoga for Runners, Foundation & Hamstrings, Green Mt Half
Mileage: 19 (+4)
I took it mostly easy before my race, especially since I managed to pull a back muscle on Wednesday. Although it was bothersome, I knew it wouldn’t effect my race & it didn’t. Lots of yoga, a chiropractor appointment, a massage & icing helped — but it was still a little sore on race day.
We spent the day before the race visiting old haunts in the Burlington area; we lived here 30 years ago as newlyweds.
I’m not going to delve into the race much because I’ll be writing up a recap. I will say it was well run & BOTP friendly.
Spoiler: it was also a PR.
What do you consider ideal race weather?