This week did not start out well. Too much to do, too little time, and a shattered phone. But did it end well? I guess you’ll have to read on.
I’m wrapping up my race week with the Weekly Wrap from Holly @ Hohoruns and Tricia @ Misssipppiddlin. You don’t have to be a runner to participate in the Weekly Wrap — just a supportive, active blogger. It’s a great way to get to know other bloggers!
- Monday: Dogwalk, Iron Strength Abbreviated, PT Exercises x 2
- Tuesday: Dogwalk, 3 miles (speedwork 7 x 1 min fast, 2 min recovery), PT Stretches x 2
- Wednesday: Dogwalking & traveling
- Thursday: Dogwalking, 3 miles east, PT Stretches x 2
- Friday: Dogwalking, PT Stretches x 2
- Saturday: Shipyard Maine Coast Half, PT Stretches x 2
- Sunday: Dogwalking m, PT Stretches x 2
Mileage: 19.1 (+3.1)
TIU = Tone it Up
TM = Treadmill
YFR = Yoga for Runners
WU = warmup
YFPR = Yoga for Pain Relief
Let’s just say things weren’t going my way before we left for my half. First I shattered the screen on my phone the day before leaving (by dropping it on carpet — c’mon — who does that?).
Then Tuesday was finally really gorgeous only I had to wait around for a couple of packages that needed signatures, so I did my speedwork on the treadmill. It went fine.
I realized I forgot my glasses 10 minutes after we left Wednesday so we had to go back.
The forecast for race day when we left? 59 & rain. Actual race weather? Started at 60 & went up to the mid 70s.
Lets just say it most definitely wasn’t a PR, but hey, I finished.
Chatting with a girl in my wave who is also trying to run a half in every state.
Running near the ocean
And that’s a wrap!
How do you put disappointing races behind you?
Would you rather have heat or cold for a race?