We spent the week before Utah Valley Half hiking around southern UT. Nothing super strenuous although some trails were definitely challenging!
- Monday: Hiked Bryce Point to Inspiration Point, Bryce Canyon
- Tuesday: Hiked Sunset Point to Queen’s Garden to Sunrise Point, 4.5 “easy”run
- Wednesday: Hking in Zion: Lower Emerald Pools to Grotto Trails
- Thursday: Hking in Zion: Watchman & Riverwalk
- Friday: Drive back from Zion, rest, carb loading with other bloggers
- Saturday: Utah Valley Half Marathon
- Sunday: Recovery
Mileage: 17.6 (-9.1)
*Disclaimer: Amazon affiliate links; I will make a small amount of money if you buy through these links
Running at 8000′ is no joke. Especially not uphill halfway and in 80 degree heat. Oh, after hiking 4 miles earlier.
The good news is when I turned around and went downhill it was more confidence building.
Running downhill at 5000 feet elevation is not a easy as you might think.
I worked hard for my PR!
Favorites of the week
Another great racecation in the books.
Just a few images; ones taken with my iPod – there’s lots more in the real camera!
And that’s a wrap
Let’s get the conversation started:
Best dessert recently?
Ever done a race at elevation?
Toughest recent race?