Hello February! February tends to have the worst weather of the winter and I should know — my birthday falls in it. As my mom likes to remind me, she almost didn’t make it to the hospital because of a snowstorm and I was almost born in the car.
Although at least the first half looks to keep mild, and I for one am extremely thankful for that!
Old Faithful, by the way, is what I call my treadmill. Because it’s going on 16 years old! Except I was unfaithful to it this week — it was warm enough that I ran outside for all my runs this week.
- Monday: 3 mile speedwork (800m/3 minute recovery), Dogwalk, 10 mnute bike, 10 minute core, YFPR Hips & Knees
- Tuesday: Dogwalk x2, Blast Belly Fat, TIU Total Body Toning, YFR Hips
- Wednesday: Gaiam AM Stretch, 5 mile progressive (was supposed to be medium effort, but ended up being negative splits), dogwalk
- Thursday: Dogwalk, 10 min 20/10 Tabata bike warmup, TIU Band Burn x 2, YFR Hips
- Friday: YFR Hamstrings, 4-5 mile trail run (due to getting lost), Dogwalk, Strong Stride Arms, YFR Foundation
- Saturday: Lots of walking with Lola; went to my parents, no formal exercise
- Sunday: Again, a lot of Lola walking (my parents don’t have a fenced in yard), 3 1/4 mile easy run with 5 x 20ish second strides
Mileage: 16.25? (=.25)
TIU = Tone it Up
TM = Treadmill
YFR = Yoga for Runners
WU = warmup
YFPR = Yoga for Pain Relief
It warmed up this week so I broke up with the treadmill, as I said. I’m sure it’s temporary; winter is far from over, most likely just getting started!
My runs this week were good; they just didn’t quite go as planned. I was really pleased with my speedwork, which ended up with an average pace of 12 mm (good for me). That medium paced run on Wednesday just turned into negative splits; I guess Chester was pacing me (read about it here).
Yes, I went to different places this week to run. Because I could! And Friday it was Pine Bush Preserve.; my first time there. It’s trails. I got lost in the end. When it started to snow. You can read more about that on my Facebook page.
It was a busy weekend — we went down to see my parents, and went out to dinner to celebrate my sister & BIL’s birthdays & anniversary & my upcoming birthday. We all agreed the restaurant we went to was good, not great.
My husband didn’t want dessert and I didn’t want a whole dessert, so I just had one bite of my sister’s molten lava cake which was, yeah, good not great. I was pretty full from dinner so one bite was enough.
I was seriously surprised how many steps I got in over the weekend without any formal exercise other than a 3.25 run Sunday. I got halfway through it and really was almost disappointed because I was just warming up! Who am I?
My parents don’t have a fenced in yard, though, so I walked Lola almost constantly, it seemed. In my pajamas and a down coat Sunday morning because I wasn’t expecting her to want to walk then!
We stopped off at the Walkway over the Hudson on the way home. We’d been there once before, but it was too hot for the dogs that day. We still didn’t walk all the way across, but we got much further.
The Mid Hudson Bridge always says “home” to me!
And that’s a wrap!
What says home to you?